That Neverending Gratitude List...

I am continuing in my quest to find something to be grateful for every single day.  Yesterday, by virtue of the fact that it was a Monday, wasn’t so great.  There were a few highlights though.

I woke up this morning determined that today would definitely be a better day.  Just when someone was trying to steal my joy, I put my headphones on, put some Kate Bush on repeat, and drew up my grateful list for the day so far.  Here goes:


·         I talk to my big sisters every single day.  As in, if it’s not a call, there’s an email, and definitely several Whatsapps that fly back and forth.  We have a group chat that always cracks me up.  They are two of the craziest, funniest ladies I know.



·         I watched the Man U/Liverpool game with my brother at the weekend.  And he ignored my whooping and hollering and dancing around the coffee table without once tripping me over or telling me to shut up.  The fact that I stubbed my toe after celebrating Mata’s second goal seemed to be satisfaction enough for him.



·         I didn’t break my toe when I stubbed it celebrating Mata’s second goal.

 

·         I have repeatedly been let down and disappointed by a friend whom I have really tried to help, and be supportive of.  But finally the last straw was put on my back when my trying to help them out got me called out by my boss.  I have finally let go, because there is only so much you can do for a person if they don’t even want to help themselves.  I’m grateful for the lesson, much as it hurts.



·         I can let go and the world doesn’t end!!  All is well!!



·         I was listening to Kate Bush this morning and just had to be grateful for growing up surrounded by music and exposed to such awesome artists.



·         Thank goodness for Kate Bush!!



·         Ooooh, I got confirmation that something I have always wanted to happen will be happening very soon!!  Excited!! Watch this space.



·         It has started raining again.



·         Had a lovely lunch with the boo yesterday.  Just chatting and laughing.  It’s the little things.



·         Game of Thrones season 5 is soon.



Ok, I think that’s it for now. 
 
Seriously though, if you’re having a bad day, draw up a list of your own.  It works.  If it doesn’t, you really are a grumpy bollix and probably just need a good nap.

Comments

  1. I think i should make onr for my self coz some days are un imaginable and absurdly that's when the most intresting things happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the advice! Working on mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyc piece, very interactive and interesting.. #me: heads bak to the drawing board to list things am grateful for..wink!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.