Haikus

Earlier this year I had a sudden burst of inspiration and managed to churn out several Haikus.  Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.  But it was fun. 

Here they are.

Four pretty apples
Tempting me to take a bite
Where's the poison though?
******

Idris Elba rocks
He'd look good in just his socks
I wish he'd tweet me

******

(post-schnide comment)

Put me down gently
I'm not as strong as I look
The harshest words hurt
*********

(joy in little things)

Bright pink nail polish
Happiness in a glass vial
Drips from my fingers
******

(love)

I can feel your breath
Leaving invisible marks
On my tickled neck
******
(always pointing fingers)

Doesn't really matter
Either way it's all my fault
But let's share the blame
*******
(more love)

Tiny little streams of joy
Trickling down my outstretched arms
Longing to hold you
********

Comments

  1. Very interesting tight lines, small but laden with subtlety..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting tight lines, small but laden with subtlety..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.