Gratitude List: Work Buddies. Rudende.


I first met Rudende when he came to what was then Vision Voice radio, for a voice test.  KK had told me about a friend of his who was hilarious and was just what we needed at the station.  I was station manager at the time, and was always on the lookout for fresh talent.  So Rudy came in, and we were introduced.  I remember thinking he had annoyingly nice hair.  He said he was very nervous, and actually requested to go pee before stepping into the studio.  He eventually went in and delivered what is, to this day, the best voice test I have ever heard.  Truth.

My favourite part of being in studio…
Whenever we would dance.  Rudy is a great dancer, no matter the genre of music.  He is particularly fond of reggaeton (I know.  Ugh.).  Whenever we’d have a long music break, he’d often bust a move and force me and Ghill to join in.  Ghill is also a very good dancer.  By comparison, I have two left feet.  A fact Rudy would eagerly tell anyone willing to listen.  So I’d usually relegate myself to being behind the camera, as I watched these two fools executing the most complex of shuffles.  Always a fun time.

A lot of people don’t know…
Much as he often verbally abuses me, Rudy is actually one of my best friends.  We have fought, disagreed, gone for weeks without speaking.  But the day I was travelling to bury my father and had to pass by the office, he was the first person to hug me.  And he was right there when we laid Pops to rest.  Rudy is my gango for life.  Also yes, he is always hungry.  That’s his superpower.

I laughed the hardest…
Everytime he gesticulated too much and broke a chair in studio.  Priceless.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.