Gratitude List: Work Buddies. Ghill.


I first met Ghill when Xfm was hosting house parties for listeners.  His house had won, so me, other presenters and Pam, our marketing manager at the time, traipsed over to this bachelor pad to throw them a party.  I was in charge of mixing cocktails, so made myself busy in the kitchen, chucking vodka, gin and God knows what else into a bucket, chopping fruit and supervising set up outside.  I just remember feeling stressed and frayed, and this nice young man coming to check that I was ok and had everything I needed.  Fast-forward a year or so, and Ghill was brought in to the breakfast show.  I was hosting with Rudende and Bush Baby at the time, and we were in desperate need of some comic relief.  Enter Ghill aka Libolo.  He came onto the show as the guy supposed to bring us breakfast, but his hilarious quips soon made him a staple.  Before we knew it,  Bush left and Libolo officially joined the breakfast crew.  The rest is history.

My favourite part of being in studio…

You guys.  Ghill is funny AF.  There are times he’d say shit and Rudy and I would DIE.  As in, fall off your chair, fart on your grandmother funny.  This one time we were talking about the movie 300, and Ghill did this hilarious impression of Xerxes.  We were always pissing about in reception during the news, because we had to get out of the studio.  Call it cabin fever.  Anyway, Ghill did this impression of Xerxes that had us on the floor.  I swear my coffee came through my nose that morning.  Such an iJOT.

A lot of people don’t know…

Dude is brilliant. Ghill is a total geek.  In a good way.  He’s my go-to guy for gadgets.  He helped me get my last 4 phones, my TV, my hard drive, and he’s working on getting me an online thingamajiggy.  He speaks fluent French.  And he drove me and my bridesmaids to my faux wedding.  He also took over from me as station manager at Xfm and is doing a stellar job.  He’s certainly killed less people than I would have done if I was still there.  Top lad.

I laughed the hardest…

This one time (at band camp… JK), we’d gone out for drinks with certain members of the crew who shall remain nameless.  One crew member stole another crew member’s girl (ok she wasn’t technically his but she was about to be but dude dozed on jobo).  Anyway.  We laughed.  We salvaged the situation.  That is all.  Oh, there was also the time Ghill was being chased by a crazy drunk chick who wanted his stuff and I had to try to get rid of her.  Because he was too nice to tell her to sling her hook.  He’s one of the nice ones.


Comments

  1. Wow, I am touched (not in a bad way). I am honoured to have you as a friend Siima.
    Ps. The crazy drunk chic had a Ghadar (that's a Ghill radar) she was literally tracking me in the dark!!! How could I escape that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha Ghadar? SERIOUSLY?! Anyway, your problems are many. Start writing that book/TV series. Or pay me and I write for you.

      Delete
  2. 🤣🤣😂I can't stop my jaws from flexing apart from each other.. Reading all thorough your stories have been fun but the drama explained about Libolo has exceeded my expectiops. Let me keep reading to get more entertained

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.