Gratitude List: Siblings

It’s been a while since I’ve felt inspired enough to write.

Ok, I lie.  Since the last post, so much has happened. SO. MUCH.  But more and more started happening, I found myself caught in a snowball that kept rolling.  And it got harder and harder for me to sift through everything and actually write something worth sharing.  (Sometimes it really is better for me to keep my thoughts to myself.  Trust me on this).

Until today.

I came across a picture of my siblings and I from way back when, dancing.  I think we were doing the Macarena.  The picture cracked me up, not only because I couldn’t believe that I’d ever been that small (once upon a time, I had a waist!), but because I can only just remember a time when my little brother was shorter than me.  It also brought on a rush of nostalgia as all memories involving my late Dad do.

Anyway, it got me thinking about the one New Year’s resolution I made at the start of 2015- the Gratitude List I promised myself I would make every single day.  It is so easy to get caught up in your life, with work, and bills, and relationships, and everything else that comes along with being an adult and just trying to keep your head above water.  I am so grateful to have my family- my Mum, my two big sisters, and my (big) little brother.  Knowing I have them literally makes me feel ready to take on the world.

Looking at that picture of my siblings and I, back when the world was a relatively carefree place, I simply had to write a Gratitude List.  So here goes.

·        I have two sisters and a brother who are easily the funniest people I know.
·        Of course we fight, always have and always will, but we laugh A LOT more.
·        I am grateful to have 3 people in my life who can never ever throw me out, no matter how stupid my quips are.
·        They don’t judge me when I don’t feel like combing my hair and just want to walk around the house in my lessu.
·        If we stay up late talking and I fall asleep on the couch, they don’t put stuff up my nose or in my mouth as a prank.
·        They all claim to like my cooking.
·        They endure my weirdness with such stoicism, it’s impossible not to love them.
·        Did I mention that they make me laugh to the point of snaughling?

In case you don’t know what that means, here you go:




Anyway, my point is, if you have siblings, be grateful for them.  Mine are the only people who know me inside out and love me regardless.  Even with my lame dance moves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.