It is finally Thursday, and I think I can safely say I cannot WAIT for this week to end.
It’s just been a bad one, for various reasons. I wasn’t feeling too well, but due to the nature of my job I have to slap a smile on things and get on with it. No one wants to hear a misery-guts on radio first thing in the morning. Besides, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in life, everyone is fighting their own battle anyway, so you just need to suck it up and do what you have to.
I’m so thankful that I made it through the week with my faculties intact, I had to draw up a Gratitude List, because everything that happened this week made me realize just how lucky I am.
Let me break it down.
· I am grateful that my parents taught me manners. Simple courtesy. This week I have had to deal with some of the most loud-mouthed, rude and inconsiderate people I have ever come across. It’s quite mind-boggling.
· I’ll tell you what else surprised me. I didn’t lose my head! I came quite close to giving people a piece of my mind. But there’s nothing that listening to some Nina Simone can’t cure. I am grateful I didn’t lose my temper.
· Speaking of Nina Simone, I am grateful that I grew up surrounded by music and can find the exact tune I need whether I am mad, sad or feeling bad.
· I am grateful that, as far as I know, I haven’t developed an ulcer, trying not to lose my temper. I may have to keep you updated though. Ulcer-status might change. I sincerely hope not.
· I am grateful for my co-hosts, stupid as they are, who make me laugh every single morning without fail. I am so lucky.
· I am alive, I am well. As is my family. I have a job.
· Rude people are just incidentals.
· I control my mindset.
· Oh, and headphones can block out unnecessary noise rather well.
I know there’s so much more I could add to this particular Gratitude List. But I’ll save those for tomorrow, just in case my Writer’s Block Syndrome rears its ugly head in time for the weekend.