RIP Rosemary

I never met Rosemary Nankabirwa.

But I feel so sad at her passing.

I feel sad that she succumbed to a disease we are still trying to beat.

I feel sad that whoever took the time to announce her death on Twitter couldn't take the time to spell check. I'll put it down to grief.

I feel sad that people tried to gain cheap popularity off of her illness.

I hope she knew how many people turned out, in their own small way, to help.

I hope she knew she was respected and admired.

I hope God hears our prayers for her and for her family.

I hope.

When you lose someone, the world falls out from under your feet. I hope her family is given the time and space they need to grieve and remember her, away from the media, away from those who want to use this to their own advantage.

I hope we all learn more about this terrible disease.

I hope our government does more to make treatment available for all, regardless of social status.

I hope.

Rest, Rosemary. You fought your fight.

Comments

  1. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is the lesser-known child of the cannabis sativa plant; its more famous sibling, tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is the active ingredient in pot that catapults users’ “high.”  https://royalcbd.com/cbd-legal-status/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.