#7DayChallengeUganda Days 3, 4 and 5


So, I ended my last post with “Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.”

Ha.

Malaria.  The next day brought malaria.

By the time I left work on Friday, I knew something wasn’t right.  First of all, I was freezing.  FREEZING.  Granted, I had been in a studio for a good hour or two, but I’m used to that.  And I rarely feel cold. 

#Cold

I got home, took off my shoes, wrapped myself in a blanket and collapsed on the couch. 

Needless to say I had a rough night.  And never got to cook that delicious butternut squash I had such great plans for.

Saturday found me hauling myself out of the house and straight to the doctor, who confirmed that I had malaria. Great.  As in, this is the last thing I need right now.

I have suffered.

I went back home and all I could do was drink water.  You know all the horrible symptoms that come with malaria:  aches and pains, zero appetite, that nasty slimy feeling in your mouth.  There was no way I was going to make it to the kitchen or be a useful human being in any way.

The most I have been able to contribute to the #7DayChallengeUganda for days 3 and 4 is turning off the lights during the day and switching appliances off at the mains, not leaving them in standby mode.

Don't say I didn't tell you!

Today is Day 5, so I decided that my best option was to MOVE SMART:  which I did, carpooling to work with my colleague Becky.  Not all is lost.

Becks and I were like this, except I was a bit more malarial.

Fingers crossed I’ll be able to finish the next couple of days strong, because the noise on Twitter is deafening. 

#7DayChallengeUganda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.