Of Unfathomable Mind Blocks



I received a tweet last week that left me crippled with guilt.  A self-proclaimed ‘ardent reader’ declared that I hadn’t updated my blog for ten days (sadly true), that he was ‘down on his knees’ (not sure if he was literally or figuratively speaking), and basically pleaded in the most endearing way that I get my arse in gear and write something (of course he was too much of a gentleman to put it that way, but I think that’s what he meant).

Much as things have been stupidly manic at work, I know that is no excuse for not putting down at least 300 words on some topic or other.  There has been A LOT going on:  what with nude pictures and beloved comics accused of sexual assault, not to mention THAT maid video, you’d think I’d have plenty of material at my disposal  to yap about.

But I’ve been in the grip of a mind-block so severe it has literally taken my breath away.

I’ve tried everything- chilled music, exercise, sitting in silence, reading my favourite books, everything that normally gets my creative juices flowing.  Nothing doing.  Not even a session playing my favourite classical flute pieces helped.  And that’s saying something.

Has the God of Writing abandoned me?  Was She ever with me in the first place?

Was I a fake writer all along?  Coasting along on some inspired wave of creativity that was destined to eventually disappear?

I feel like Wile E Coyote, when he’s been chasing the Road Runner off a cliff.  Of course that speedy bird turns the sharp corner perfectly, but I’m like the hapless Coyote, only just realizing that I am suspended mid-air, before crumbling to the ground and leaving my image hanging in a wisp of smoke.

So if you are one of those people who regularly reads my Random Ramblings, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And I ask you to be patient with me, as I figure out exactly what is going on.  And find my voice again.  I’m sure I will.

Comments

  1. *continues tapping big toe impatiently* We're waiting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. well be back @kanyindo biting my nails to see more people commenting this piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you are talking about. I will be here waiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Has the God of Writing abandoned me?"...I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Starts reading previous posts*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Rosemary

Untitled (or, my experience in a toxic work environment.)

Stay Out of My Womb, Stay Out of My Business.